Before My Surgery
To expedite your check-in process, the Pre-Admission Coordinator will be contacting you prior to your date of service. You will be receiving an information packet, by mail which includes a notice of patient rights and responsibilities, Physican Ownership Disclosure and the center policy on Advance Directives.
A team member of our nursing department will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health to expedite your admission process. Questions will be answered regarding your upcoming procedure and we will review the pre-operative instructions that you will need to follow. You may want to make a list of questions that you would like answered during this phone call as well.
If you have not received a call by the afternoon before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 805 485-1908 between the hours of 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations
Return to Top
Food and Drink
Do not eat any food or drink any fluids after midnight the night before your surgery, unless instructed by your anesthesia provider. If you take blood pressure medicine on a daily basis, please do so with a small sip of water the morning of your procedure.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Return to Top
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, and interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 805-485-1908 as soon as possible.
Return to Top